We welcome scientists seeking a home to expand their research focus or jump start a new research program within the premise of CRI research priorities. Candidates will be considered independent of their current position. A research funding package will be allocated to the successful candidates (see below).
Develop a bold, interdisciplinary, collaborative research project and/or pilot methodologies. Participate in mentoring, teaching, collaborative CRI activities.
1. Online Pre-proposal (due January 30th, 2019 23:00 CET)
- Online form questionnaire (includes general info, project abstract, nominations for reference letters, and other questions)
- 4-page project description (download template here)
- 2-page CV, highlighting top 3-5 publications
- Full publication record
The abstract, questionnaire and electively the project proposal, will be shared within the CRI community for comments and suggestions aimed at further enhancing the project. All documents are uploaded via the online form and must be in English.
3. Final proposal – amending initial submission based on the feedback received (due February 17th, 2019, 23:00 CET)
4. Pre-selection – Criteria: (i) past research achievements (ii) scientific quality of project (iii) overlap with CRI strategy and fellow call, (iv) fit with the CRI environment. Response to candidates will be notified by February 23rd.
5. Final selection – preselected candidates will be invited to Paris for seminars and interviews with the international Scientific Advisory Board that will make the final recommendation (obligatory presence in Paris, March 18-19th 2019).
Funding and Resources
Research funding package includes: salary (corresponding to past research experience), small equipment and consumables (up to 60,000€/year, depending on fellow’s budgetary needs), and support in financing a project team of postdocs, PhD students, and short-term interns (up to 1.5 person/year). The fellows will benefit from CRI Research lab facilities and expertise (see here).
(i) Fellows are expected to apply for at least 1 year stay, which can be renewed upon SAB approval for up to 3 years.
(ii) Candidates with independent funding, including grants, sabbatical allowances, and temporary detachment from permanent positions in France are welcomed. Candidates permanently affiliated with French universities or national research organizations (e.g., INSERM, CNRS, INRA, INRIA) should contact us at email@example.com to discuss possible modalities. Applications from candidates without such a position are equally welcome.