Research leaders seeking a home to expand their research focus or jump start a new research program within the premise of CRI research priorities and wish to contribute as pillars and mentors of the CRI Research community. Core fellows are required to hold a permanent position in France (see Note below) and can relocate their active research group to CRI. A research funding package will be allocated to the successful candidates (see below).
Develop bold, interdisciplinary, collaborative research projects and/or pilot methodologies, supported in part by external funding.
Play a leading role in mentoring, teaching, and collaborative activities within the CRI.
Extend CRI external research network and partners.
1. Online Pre-proposal (due January 29th, 2020 23:00 CET)
The abstract, questionnaire and electively the project proposal, will be shared within the CRI community for comments and suggestions aimed at further enhancing the project. All documents are uploaded via the online form and must be in English.
2. Feedback period ends (February 12th, 2020 23:00 CET)
3. Final proposal (February 17th, 2020, 23:00 CET) amending initial submission based on the feedback received
4. Pre-selection Criteria: (i) past research achievements (ii) scientific quality of project (iii) overlap with CRI strategy and fellow call, (iv) fit with the CRI environment. Response to candidates will be shared by February 27th.
5. Final selection 9th-10th March 2020 preselected candidates will be invited to Paris for seminars and interviews with the international Scientific Advisory Board that will make the final recommendation (obligatory presence in Paris on March 9th-10th 2020).
Research funding package includes: small equipment and consumables (up to 60,000€/year, depending on fellow’s budgetary needs), and support in financing a project team of postdocs, PhD students, and short-term interns (up to 1.5 person/year). The fellows will benefit from CRI Research lab facilities and expertise
There is no salary allowance for the Core fellows. Core fellows must have a permanent position elsewhere, in an institution that would allow them to temporarily move the team to CRI, albeit keeping the home institution affiliation. Potential Core Fellows should contact us directly (email@example.com, subject header: [CORE]…) in order to discuss their situation before submitting the application. This will be essential for sorting out the administrative issues ahead of time and is more likely to lead to a mutually positive outcome. To promote collaboration within the CRI and with outside partners, the size of each fellows’ team is limited to 5.