Research leaders who are seeking a home to develop, expand their research focus or jump start a new research program within the premise of CRI research priorities and who wish to contribute as pillars and mentors of the CRI Research community. Successful candidates will:
You currently hold a permanent research position in France (e.g., CRCN, DR, MdC, PU, PUPH) that can be mutated to INSERM U1284 - Université de Paris (CRI Research Collaboratory)
This includes a tenured position at a national institute in France (INSERM, CRNS, INRAE, INRIA, IRD, etc.) or an assistant/full professor at Université de Paris.
If you hold a permanent position at a different university, this could still be possible, but do contact us by email to discuss further.
To maintain diversity of topics and teams in the limited space of CRI Research Collaboratory, we welcome new teams of no more than 5 members.
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, which is an integral part of our history, philosophy, and identity. Applications from women scientists are especially welcome.
Start-up package of 150,000€ to 300,000€, to be spent until 31/12/2024.
The exact amount will be determined based on the needs of the individual project, matching funding and agreement with the Unit director following recommendation from the international Scientific Advisory Board.
It can be used for purchase of equipment and consumables as well as complement salaries for postdocs, PhD students, engineers, technicians or interns.
Between 1/9/2021 and 1/1/2023.
The large time window is specifically put in place to accommodate the necessary administrative process of affiliation changes, which we will fully support and facilitate.
Appointments are rhythmed by the national 5-year schedule of INSERM/UP research unit, currently running until the end of 2024. Tenured researchers will contribute to ensure future funding of the unit and to its evaluation by the French National Evaluation Council (HCERES - Haut Conseil de l’évaluation de la recherche et de l’enseignement) to ensure renewal of the unit and their appointment for the next 5-year period.
All documents should be written in English and uploaded via the online portal
1. Online Pre-proposal (due April 30th, 2021 23:00 CET)
The abstract, questionnaire and electively the project proposal, will be shared with the CRI community for feedback, suggestion and exchange with the candidate, aimed at further enhancing the project.
2. Feedback period ends (May 10th, 2021 23:00 CET)
3. Final proposal (May 17th, 2021, 23:00 CET) amending initial submission based on the feedback received
4. Pre-selection results (June 4th, 2021) Applications will be evaluated by the CRI internal selection committee based on the following criteria: (i) past research achievements (30%), (ii) scientific quality of project (35%), (iii) overlap with CRI Research strategy and fit with the its environment and infrastructure (35%). The evaluation will be done using descriptive categories which will then be transformed into an average score, using the relative weights noted above. The short-listed candidates will be determined based on these numerical values and discussion among the committee members.
5. Final selection 14th-15th June 2021 Preselected candidates will be invited to Paris for a seminar and interview with the international Scientific Advisory Board that will make the final recommendation. Depending on the epidemiological situation, this will be done in a hybrid (in person + remote) or fully remote version.